You rely on your air conditioner to keep you cool throughout the worst heat waves in the summertime. However, it works the other way too: your air conditioner relies on you to keep it running effectively and efficiently. Part of this means that it is up to you to figure out if something is wrong with the system and reach out for AC repair in Glenview, IL if there is a problem.
So how are you supposed to figure out when something is wrong with your air conditioner? After all, unless you are a professional technician like us, you probably haven’t spent much time studying the way that your system works. Not to worry, because we’re here to provide your repairs. All you have to do is keep on the alert for any warning signs like the ones we’ve listed below so you can schedule repairs in a timely manner.
5 Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Help
Brush up on the possible warning signs that something is wrong with your air conditioner so you know when to contact us for expert help. These indicators will let you know when your AC is struggling.
- Strange noises: If your air conditioner is running properly you are likely going to hear the whoosh of air from the system and not much else. However, a system in need of repairs is likely to be noisier. Different issues within your air conditioner can create a variety of concerning sounds such as hissing, bubbling, screeching, whistling, rattling, and clanking.
- Weak airflow: If there is a problem within your air conditioner, such as a clogged air filter, leaking ductwork, or even a problem with the fans within the system, it may affect the flow of air through your AC. Weak airflow will hinder your comfort and increase strain on the system.
- Icy build-up: Have you checked the evaporator unit of your AC lately? If you do and notice there is a layer of ice around the evaporator coil, you have a problem. Ice is not an indicator that the system is operating above normal expectations; It is actually a sign that the AC is in serious trouble.
- Increased energy bills: While you will notice a difference in your monthly energy bills when you start to use your air conditioner regularly, you shouldn’t see a huge spike in your overall costs. Make sure to compare your energy bills this summer with the ones from previous months. If you notice a sharp increase then there is a strong chance something is wrong within your air conditioner that is causing the system to use up more electricity than normal.
- Unpleasant smells: Last but not least, remember that the nose knows. Don’t ignore strange smells that start up when you run the air conditioner. These can be caused by anything from a clogged condensate drain to failing electrical wires. A trained technician can identify the source of the smell and address it promptly.
If you find yourself dealing with any of the concerning indicators we’ve listed above then it is a good idea to schedule repairs with a member of our team as soon as you can. The sooner you get the issue identified and fixed the better it will be for your comfort, your system, and the efficiency of your home.