“Spring cleaning” can mean many different things to many different people: often it’s not about cleaning a home but taking the time to organize other parts of your life, such as finances or a schedule of interests outside of your job. But it’s always a good idea to use “spring cleaning” as a reminder of regular tasks in the house that need to be taken care of. One of these is scheduling professional cleaning for your air ducts.
ServiceMax Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Air Duct Cleaning’
Make Air Duct Cleaning Part of Your Spring Cleaning This Year!Monday, April 25th, 2016
Why Is Air Duct Cleaning Necessary?Wednesday, November 19th, 2014
For most homeowners, air duct cleaning is something that rarely ever gets done. This is usually because they can’t see the benefit to investing that much time and money in cleaning a part of their house that they never see anyway. It’s not like the ducts are some complicated mechanism with lots of moving parts that may need maintenance. They’re long rectangular boxes or tubes designed to direct air flow, and that’s about it.
Some of the Benefits of Air Duct CleaningWednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Winter is on its way, so it’s time to start preparing your HVAC system for the heating season. Scheduling annual maintenance is always important, but what about your ductwork? When was the last time you scheduled professional air duct cleaning in Evanston, IL? It’s recommended that ductwork be professionally cleaned every 3-5 years, so if it’s been longer than that since your last cleaning, call Malek Heating & Cooling and schedule a cleaning appointment with one of our experts.
Reasons to Schedule Duct Cleaning
There are a few reasons to consider scheduling duct cleaning before winter:
- Improved indoor air quality – dirt and dust will build up in your ductwork over time. These contaminants enter the airflow and are delivered directly into your living spaces. This can be particularly problematic for allergy sufferers.
- Increased energy efficiency – a large enough build-up in your ductwork can lead to air flow restriction, which can force your HVAC system to work harder. By removing the build-up with a professional air duct cleaning, you can regain energy efficiency you may have lost.
- Less stress on your system – the air flow in your home circulates, so dirt and dust don’t just stay in your vents, they also coat other parts of your system. Dirty, dusty components can’t work as well as they should, which puts stress on your system. Removing the dirt and dust from your vents can greatly reduce the amount of dirt and dust that enter other parts of your system.
Why Do I Need a Professional?
Duct cleaning involves far more than just vacuuming the registers and the easily-reached parts of your ductwork. With a professional duct cleaning, your entire system is accessed and cleaned, using a variety of specialized tools and professional-grade vacuums. There is also special storage for contaminants collected during the cleaning process.
With a professional duct cleaning, you can improve your energy efficiency, comfort and indoor air quality. Call Malek Heating & Cooling today and schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
How Professionals Perform Air Duct CleaningWednesday, October 8th, 2014
Duct cleaning involves a lot more than just vacuuming the dust you can see. Unfortunately, unless you hire trained, experienced and certified professionals to perform your duct cleaning, you cannot expect a thorough cleaning of your air ducts. Professional air duct cleaning in Wilmette involves the use of professional-grade tools, a thorough, deep-cleaning of your system and proper removal of contaminants. Duct cleaning offers several benefits, but unless the cleaning is done correctly, you may not see these benefits. When you hire the trained professionals at Malek Heating & Cooling to clean your air ducts, you can be assured that your ducts will be cleaned the way they should be.
There are several kinds of tools your technician may use to clean your air ducts:
- HEPA professional-grade vacuums, both truck-mounted and hand-held
- Mechanical brushes
- Pneumatic tools
- Visual aid tools
- Access tools
How Duct Cleaning Is Performed
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine duct cleaning appointment:
- All furniture and registers are covered to protect them from blowing dust
- The technician will make a thorough inspection of your system
- The ductwork will be opened at various access points
- The first major vacuum will occur (usually with the truck-mounted vacuum)
- A second inspection will be conducted
- The smaller, harder-to-reach areas will be cleaned
- Any sticking debris will be removed
- A final inspection is performed to ensure all the ductwork has been cleaned
- Access ports will be closed
- Protective coverings removed
- All vacuumed contaminants will be removed from home
Benefits of Duct Cleaning
- Improved air quality – any dust, dirt and debris in your ductwork will blow directly into your home with each cycle of your HVAC system. Removing these contaminants during cleaning helps to significantly increase your indoor air quality.
- Better energy efficiency – significant build-up in your air ducts can restrict air flow, which puts stress on your HVAC system. Properly cleaning your ductwork allows the air to move freely, which helps to increase energy efficiency.
- Less wear on your system – a system that operates under stress for any reason, including dirty ductwork, can age your system prematurely, or cause malfunction and/or breakdown. Maintaining your ductwork with professional cleaning reduces the level of wear on your system.
It’s recommended that ductwork is cleaned every 3-5 years. If it’s time for you to schedule air duct cleaning in Wilmette, call the people you can trust to do it correctly: Malek Heating & Cooling. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Why Schedule Professional Air Duct Cleaning?Monday, July 14th, 2014
The ductwork upon which you depend to distribute heated and cooled air throughout your property must be kept in outstanding condition if you hope for your heating and cooling system to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. Because your ductwork is largely hidden from view and is quite inaccessible, though, you may not always realize immediately that there is a problem with its condition. That is why you must familiarize yourself with some of the warning signs that service is needed. Here is some information about the importance of air duct cleaning in Chicago, IL, why it must be completed by a professional technician, and ways in which you can spot the need for such service. Call Malek Heating & Cooling for more details.
Only a qualified technician has the tools and training to complete your duct cleaning thoroughly and effectively. You cannot just walk around from vent to vent with a role of paper towels or a vacuum cleaner. Your air ducts must be accessed, special agitating tools used, and a powerful industrial vacuum is needed for cleanup. Don’t risk damaging your air ducts attempting to open them up, only to find you lack the proper tools for the job anyway. Hire a professional duct cleaning technician.
There are a number of signs you may notice which can indicate the need for professional duct cleaning. For instance, you may find that your home is dustier or dirtier than usual. Allergy symptoms may also be aggravated, and it is even possible for heating and cooling efficiency to suffer. When dirt and dust build up on vital components of your system, your HVAC equipment is going to have to work harder than it should have to. To learn more about spotting the need for professional air duct cleaning, give us a call.
The benefits of cleaning your ductwork are many, provided that the job is done by a trained technician. Indoor air quality can be improved upon, as can your comfort. You may even be able to save money on energy costs, all while knowing that your HVAC equipment is protected. If you suspect that it is time to schedule air duct cleaning in Skokie, IL, Malek Heating & Cooling is the company to call.