Sump Pump Services in Chicago, ILGive us a call today: 847-984-3985
Gravity can be a difficult adversary when you’re trying to stop floodwaters from entering your basement. Sump pumps represent a new and improved way of stopping that problem for good. ServiceMax can help you get set up with a sump pump system in Chicago, IL!
All of our sump pump services are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We provide comprehensive emergency services 24/7.
We promise to always be honest and transparent with you.
Let’s take a look at your basement together and figure out if a sump pump might work for your home. Or, you can get in touch with us if your sump pump requires repairs. Either way, we’re here to help!
Contact the sump pump professionals at ServiceMax for fast and effective services today!
Which Sump Pump Is Right for Your Home?
If you need a new sump pump installation, you might find out that there are many options to choose from—perhaps more than expected. Sump pumps come in different speeds, sizes, and price ranges. They may use an electronic sensor or a vertical or tethered float to activate the motor. But there are two distinctions that are most obvious:
- Pedestal Pump – A pedestal pump is perched above a sump pit in your basement, rather than within it. This is the standard pump used for smaller pits, rather than a larger sump basin.
- Submersible Pump – With this design, the entire pump is submerged in water, including the motor (within a waterproof case). This offers many advantages that may help to extend the lifespan of your pump, as the water helps to cool down the motor after longer periods of use.
Ultimately, the layout of your basement will determine which type and model of sump pump you choose for your home.
Check Your Sump Pump Regularly
The problem with sump pumps is that they only work when you need them, which makes it difficult to find out when something is wrong—until it’s too late. You must check your sump pump regularly if you expect everything to go smoothly when your basement is flooding. And it’s easy to do!
- Check the outside drain for debris or blockage, and clear out what you can.
- Check the pump itself for any obvious signs of damage. Move it upright if it has tilted.
- Test the pump by pouring water into the pit until the float rises, and make sure it turns on properly.
We recommend doing this type of inspection quarterly, or once every three months, or more often if you’ve experienced problems in the past. If you notice a problem, call us for sump pump repair!
We install sump pumps from some of the best brands in the industry, but we can service all makes and models. For more information about our services, or to schedule an appointment with our team, call ServiceMax. Get excellent customer service and quality repairs, replacement, installation, or maintenance for your sump pump in Chicago, IL.