Duct cleaning involves a lot more than just vacuuming the dust you can see. Unfortunately, unless you hire trained, experienced and certified professionals to perform your duct cleaning, you cannot expect a thorough cleaning of your air ducts. Professional air duct cleaning in Wilmette involves the use of professional-grade tools, a thorough, deep-cleaning of your system and proper removal of contaminants. Duct cleaning offers several benefits, but unless the cleaning is done correctly, you may not see these benefits. When you hire the trained professionals at Malek Heating & Cooling to clean your air ducts, you can be assured that your ducts will be cleaned the way they should be.
There are several kinds of tools your technician may use to clean your air ducts:
- HEPA professional-grade vacuums, both truck-mounted and hand-held
- Mechanical brushes
- Pneumatic tools
- Visual aid tools
- Access tools
How Duct Cleaning Is Performed
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine duct cleaning appointment:
- All furniture and registers are covered to protect them from blowing dust
- The technician will make a thorough inspection of your system
- The ductwork will be opened at various access points
- The first major vacuum will occur (usually with the truck-mounted vacuum)
- A second inspection will be conducted
- The smaller, harder-to-reach areas will be cleaned
- Any sticking debris will be removed
- A final inspection is performed to ensure all the ductwork has been cleaned
- Access ports will be closed
- Protective coverings removed
- All vacuumed contaminants will be removed from home
Benefits of Duct Cleaning
- Improved air quality – any dust, dirt and debris in your ductwork will blow directly into your home with each cycle of your HVAC system. Removing these contaminants during cleaning helps to significantly increase your indoor air quality.
- Better energy efficiency – significant build-up in your air ducts can restrict air flow, which puts stress on your HVAC system. Properly cleaning your ductwork allows the air to move freely, which helps to increase energy efficiency.
- Less wear on your system – a system that operates under stress for any reason, including dirty ductwork, can age your system prematurely, or cause malfunction and/or breakdown. Maintaining your ductwork with professional cleaning reduces the level of wear on your system.
It’s recommended that ductwork is cleaned every 3-5 years. If it’s time for you to schedule air duct cleaning in Wilmette, call the people you can trust to do it correctly: Malek Heating & Cooling. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.