If you have a boiler heater in your home, it makes sense that you’d want to keep it working properly. These systems are incredibly powerful sources of radiant heat that can be used to keep your home comfortable and warm on the coldest of days. But what do you do when your boiler just…doesn’t seem like it wants to work right?
A malfunctioning boiler is one that will need a boiler repair in Chicago, IL. The sooner this task is taken care of, the better for your system and your home comfort. Trust us, you don’t want to have to get this system replaced early!
5 Signs Your Boiler Needs Repairs
If your boiler is on the fritz, you’ll want to reach out to a professional to get the system fixed up ASAP. Here are some signs that you should check for that can help you determine if you need to contact a professional technician.
- You’ve noticed water leaks around the system. A leaky boiler, just like a leaky water heater, is a problem. The leak allows the water in your radiant system to escape, making it less reliable in its ability to provide you with warmth. Look for any signs that your boiler is leaking such as lower water pressure or watermarks around the system.
- There are strange noises when the boiler runs. Boilers are going to make some noise when they run. They shouldn’t be noisy though. Watch, or rather listen, to see if you notice your system rumbling, hissing, or emitting popping noises that might indicate an issue.
- There is little to no heat in the home. If your boiler is malfunctioning, it makes it a lot harder for it to provide heat for your home. If you have noticed that lately, your home comfort isn’t where it should be, you should reach out for repairs.
- The boiler won’t run for the usual amount of time. Is your boiler running for the usual amount of time or has it been running for shorter cycles? When your boiler struggles to run for the usual amount of time it takes to heat up your home, it could be due to any number of causes. The end result though should be that you get repairs somewhat quickly.
- Increased energy bills. A boiler that is struggling to do its job is likely to draw extra energy to try to accomplish its task. This will, of course, result in higher energy bills which is never a good thing.
Boilers are powerful and pretty complicated pieces of heating equipment. If yours is malfunctioning and needs repairs, it is best to have repairs taken care of by a professional technician. Only someone with the appropriate training will have the knowledge and tools needed to get this job taken care of properly. DIY or amateur attempts are likely to make things worse in the long run.
When you need professional repairs, come to the experts at ServiceMax for service. We’ve served homes in the Chicago area for years and we are available to help 24/7.