Temperatures are beginning to drop and the leaves have started to change color. That little chill in the air indicates a big change is on the way. We are moving away from focusing on staying cool and Instead opting into cozy sweaters and hot drinks to help keep us warm. That’s right, it’s the heating season which means it is time to make sure your system is prepared for the job to come.
Before you get wrapped up pulling out decorations, we want to take a moment to discuss why it is important to maintain your heating system—before it gives you an unpleasant surprise. Maintenance is a service that helps prepare your heater for the work it has to do and ensures it is up to the task on even the coldest days.
The Problems Maintenance Can Prevent
You need to be able to rely on your heater to do its job effectively, efficiently, and safely. The problem is that you might not be able to if something is wrong with it. A lack of maintenance can negatively affect your heater’s operation. Scheduling regular annual tune-ups, on the other hand, prevents a variety of troublesome problems such as:
- Reduced energy efficiency: Did you know that skipping maintenance for one year can drop your system efficiency by 5%? That is a pretty big difference. Scheduling a regular yearly tune-up helps to prevent the loss of energy efficiency over the course of your system’s lifespan.
- Poor performance: You don’t want to spend money on a heater that can’t heat your home. Avoid discomfort and an early replacement with heater maintenance. The seemingly small tasks that are accomplished in a tune-up can help extend your system lifespan and improve its overall performance.
- Increased repair needs: No one enjoys having to take the time out of their day and the money out of their wallet for a heating repair in Chicago, IL. Good news: professional maintenance services will help reduce the frequency of repairs. And, if repairs do pop up, they’ll probably be less expensive too.
- Safety hazards: This applies to anyone who has a gas-burning furnace. If your system uses gas, you want to make sure that it is as safe as possible. This is exactly what maintenance does. Skipping maintenance can increase the chances of trouble down the road.
- Higher operating costs: Skipping maintenance will ultimately end up costing you more in the long run. When you skip maintenance it can increase the cost and frequency of repairs. It can also reduce the efficiency of your system, which means your energy bills rise. In contrast, regular maintenance helps to prevent increased operational costs.
Your heater is about to go into its busiest season. Why not give it the care that it needs so it can take care of you?
Make sure you come to a professional team of technicians like ours to get your tune-up. We’ll make sure you can enjoy fall without any spooky problems—at least, we can prevent the ones coming from your heater.
Contact ServiceMax today to schedule your heating system tune-up.