Yes! Absolutely! Maintenance for your home’s heating system isn’t something that you only have done every “couple of years.” It’s something that you need to schedule each and every fall. To make it easy, you can sign our Residential Maintenance Agreement, and we’ll notify you at the start of the fall that you’re due for maintenance.
There are many benefits to keeping up with annual inspections and tune-ups for your heater. Below are a few of the most important:
- Extended equipment life: Heating systems have a life expectancy of between 10 and 20 years, depending on the heater type. But your heating system won’t even make it to half its life expectancy if it doesn’t receive regular maintenance. It will rapidly wear down, and you’ll have to spend a large amount of money to put in an early replacement.
- More efficient performance: Tests done by the U.S. Department of Energy have shown that a heating system that has annual maintenance will cost an average of $33 less to run each month than a system without maintenance.
- Very few repair needs: The majority of the repairs that a heating system may require during its life are things that you can prevent through maintenance. You probably won’t need to call professionals for repairs for years at a time.
- Safety: This is especially important for gas-powered furnaces. Regular maintenance will see that the system is running at its safest.
- Avoid sudden breakdowns: The best of all the benefits of regular maintenance is that you’ll have the peace of mind that your heater has only a small chance of suddenly failing. You can relax knowing the heater will make it through the coldest days of winter without a hitch.
Call us today to find out the details of our Residential Maintenance Agreement. You’ll not only receive the above benefits for your heater, you’ll also receive spring visits for your air conditioner.
Malek Heating & Cooling has served Evanston, IL and the rest of Chicagoland since 1998.