When spring arrives and the temperatures begin to warm up (although the threat of sudden cold weather still hangs around), it’s time to call your local HVAC contractor to arrange for a maintenance visit for your air conditioning system. If you’re already a part of our maintenance program, then we’ll call you with the reminder that your AC is due for its “check-up.” Make sure you schedule the service, since it’s the best way to see that your air conditioner makes it through the season without major mishaps and maintaining its energy efficiency.
Some of the steps AC technicians make during maintenance
Our technicians follow a special multi-point inspection that goes over all the major components of your AC. This includes:
- Cleaning the outdoor evaporator coil.
- Checking on the fan in the condenser unit for damage.
- Cleaning the condensate pan and drain to remove blockage.
- Tightening loose electrical connections.
- Lubricating motors and other moving parts that need it.
- Looking for possible refrigerant leaks and seeing the refrigerant is at the proper charge.
- Changing or cleaning the air filter (and making sure you know how to do it on your own for the rest of the summer).
- Checking the indoor evaporator coil to see if it requires cleaning.
- Recalibrating the thermostat if necessary.
- Checking on airflow.
- General check for any place where there might be a repair need.
Once the technician is done—a process that should take only about an hour—you’ll have an air conditioning system in the best possible shape to take on the stresses of summer. If there is anything that requires repair work, the technician will inform you so you can schedule the job as soon as possible before the air conditioner needs to start the hardest part of its work load.
Call Malek Heating & Cooling for your HVAC spring maintenance in Skokie, IL. We offer three different levels of maintenance to meet your needs.